October 31, 2013
Here are 13 treats, tricks, statistics and insights:
- 72% of adults will hand out candy tonight
- 47.5% of adults will decorate their home or yard
- Most popular Halloween candies are M&Ms, Reec’s Pieces, Hershey’s Chocolate Bars, and Snickers
- The heaviest pumpkin on record weighed 2009 pounds
- 46% of American adults have carved a pumpkin this year
- Nearly 120 million Americans are dressing up for Halloween
- These consumers cost 2.6 billion dollars
- The average American consumes 24 pounds of candy each year
And now for a little digital marketing candy:
- Content is no longer King – Content Marketing is now King. You can have a great piece of content, but if you do not seed it on social media and reach out to people who can help spread your content, it may not go anywhere.
- Content is everywhere – It used to be enough to have something that looked cool to get it to spread around the Internet. However, with the amount of content that is available today, your content has to be relevant, helpful, visually appealing, easily understandable, unique, and in the right place. Content should be a strategy with goals and a plan to get the most value out of it or you could waste resources on creating something that will provide little value.
- Credibility is Key – With so many blogs today, it’s important that you establish yourself as a thought leader in your industry. Set up Google authorship. Blogs with Author Rank have a 30% increase in click through rates.
- Building Community is a Long Process – It takes between 12–24 months to build a community around something. This means you must have patience. You may be blogging to no one at first or finding that few want to link to or follow your content. However, if you identify people you want in your community, you can start developing relationships with them. Follow their content and actively participate in conversations through Twitter, Facebook, and blogs. Make sure to give value to them before asking for anything. People have great BS meters, so be genuine.
- People Matter – For a long time, people created content with search engines in mind. (Actually, many people still do.) We all need to remember that people are who consume content. They are who share with their friends and who link to what we create. Things need to be designed with the end user in mind.
Enjoy your Halloween!
Information pulled form these sources:
Bend Webcam Conference 2013